Thursday 11 December 2014

End of Project Evaluation


Evaluation 


Now that the project has come to an end I'd like to say that I have learned a whole lot of new skills and ideas when it comes to taking a good photo, I tend to look out for the formal elements and if possible find a cool way to portray it. The formal elements were a great place to start as it built the basis of every photo I've taken, going through the course I have spent my time analysing other photos for formal elements and therefore being able to take photos with the formal elements in different ways. 

Through looking at different artist I have begun to develop my ideas and overall improve myself as a photographer. I have looked at 20 photographers overall and then I have picked 5 that I really like, the 5 that I chose are just ones that I enjoyed the look of their photos and really wanted to incorporate some of their unique ideas into my own work. All their work was different and unique in their own, for example Amy Spanos showed mystery and suspense using tone and 

Throughout the course, we have been picking the best photos we have taken, starting with contact sheets and the power points containing the very best, this allows me to analyse my own work and see what I've done to make these photos my best and where I could improve and take over to the next and now into the next unit. 

Mapplethorpe has become a great inspiration where portraiture is involved, he has enabled me to work on my composition and improve myself in this area of photography. I do like a lot of his work especially his portraits, he has influenced me to take more portraits and that is something I'd happily do again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment