Monday 22 September 2014

Form Work Diary

Work Diary


During this session the topic was form, we started last session but the sun was required to take decent photos but because the sun went away we had to try again this lesson. I found this particular topic difficult because shadows don't always make an image look 3-D, sometimes I felt like they were still 
2-D because either the shadow wasn't strong enough, I also found complications with my shadow getting in the way but i irked around it and produced some photos that I'm proud of. 


This photo really uses form to define the rails,the use of lines and depth help the image to portray form as the rails look and feel more alive and real, I believe my use of form here goes very well, there are no unnecessary distractions in the photo so it is clear what i am trying to represent. 


This photo shows how form can work on people, I do like this image as it brings the person to life, showing that the photo has actually captured a person and not just an object, what annoys me about this photos my shadow in the bottom right, if I had the opportunity to take the photo again I would take it from angel that is similar to the one above but doesn't capture myself in it. 

If  I had the opportunity to continue with this topic, I would manipulate the lighting. I would choose an object and put it under a light that I could change at will to either change the angle of the light of the strength of the shadow. This would give me complete control over the outcome of the image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment