Saturday 13 September 2014

Lines Work Diary

Work Diary

In our first photography session we were given the subject lines, we outside with the cameras to investigate lines around the college. I took 24 photos all of which had some form of line in them whether that was hair, shadows, ridges in rocks or buildings. I found this rather easy to as you can find lines in just about everything, I had a little trouble because I didn't want to repeat the same lines that I'd found so I did struggle to find different types of lines but overall i found it rather easy.


This photo is probably my favourite that I took, I feel like it definitely captures the idea of lines with the ridges on the rock. The contrast has caused the ridges in the rock to become more exposed, the compassion also allows the sun to create depth and texture on the rock bringing out the ridges and causing the rock to portray an accurate description of the formal element, lines. 


This photo would have been my favourite and the best taken if it wasn't for the bright light in the right hand corner, but otherwise I think this photo is pretty good. It captures lines in different ways, from the floor, the laces in my shoes and the jeans. To improve this image I'd either take in the shadows or the bright ground, having the bright floor in the corner ruins the photo and this has allowed me to take into account where and when I take photos.

If i could continue this project I would go to more exciting place such as London for buildings and shadows, I'd also work on lighting and making sure I take better photos overall.






No comments:

Post a Comment