Monday 22 September 2014

Pattern Work Diary


Work Diary


In this session, we went out and photographed patterns. This wasn't actually too difficult as patterns were everywhere, as long as the object was repeated it could look like a pattern. Although there were difficult parts as patterns are structured and ordered and a lot of nature is completely random.


This is my favourite photo from the session, I believe that it has a few patterns in it such as the hole cover and the brick work of the floor. On alteration I would remove the white fluff in the cracks of the bricks, I'll most likely clone it out later. This photo has many different ways of portraying pattern and for that reason I believe it to be a very good photo, everything just runs across the picture (left to right and vice versa) very smoothly.


This was a good photo of the session as it strongly shows patterns, the blinds are very in your face and there is nothing else to look at so you assume it's about the pattern of the blinds, the shadows on the blinds and the reflection do ruin the image, for future reference I will pay more attention on fixing the lighting in my photos. I will later on rotate and crop just so the blinds are completely horizontal.


If i could continue with this topic I would have wanted some more natural patterns, a lot of the photos I took were very man made patterns and I think getting more of a variety would give the whole session a better feel about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment