Monday 8 December 2014

Connecting Essay 3



This is a portrait that has been edited to created an almost layer black and white, as if they just put bits of paper onto each other. I really like the concept and the way the image as turned out. Her face really stands out as there is less detail everywhere else you realise the more significant details on her face and she becomes less personal as this kind of editing can make anyone look basic, it takes away the finer details. 


This is my image, I've taken a similar approach to the image but above, again I've edited it to try and remove the finer details within the face and neck, the body is black swell as the hair so the focus on the face, his face even blends in with the background making him less of a person and just the main features of a face. 

The two photos are closely related in what they do to the model but mine seems to be less edited than the other one. I like to think mine feels more real yet distance and cold, the other image feels too edited and almost dirty, with how some of the layers sit. I do like both photos but I feel as if I have done a better job AT capturing a distant and cold look. The first photo feels a bit weird, It doesn't look that good, through editing the picture the artist has ruined it in a way, whereas mine needs some work but overall isn't actually that bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment