Thursday 4 December 2014

Pre-completion evaluation


Evaluation


Coming towards the end of the unit, I can say that I have leant many new skills when it comes to taking a good photo. I have learnt about the formal elements (Shape, Lines, Colour, Form, Tone, Movement, Reflection, pattern, Depth) and why we use them. Along with using the formal elements i have learnt how to create specific techniques in photoshop. 

I have also begun to look into other artists and how they create their photos, from learning the above i am able to look at other work and pull formal elements out of it and evaluate their photos. I am also able to take photos in the style of other artists for example Robert Mapplethorpe. This has enabled me to work on my own photography and become better at it, I have worked on improving my compassion and enabling my portraits to be the best they can. 

Along with that, i have gone on two walks and experienced photography in a different setting that what I've been doing normally as around campus and around town it is very man made and built up compared to on the walk where we are surrounded by nature. It gives a different feel to photography and shows you how much there actually is. 

Throughout Unit 1 I have enjoyed myself a lot, photography is a subject that engages me and interests me and that continues to grow as i learn more and more about different techniques and skills. I would love to continue taking portrait photos as i find them incredibly fun to take and they look really good when I've done it properly, I think taking more portraits will challenge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment