Thursday 4 December 2014

Work Diary Mapplethorpe Studio


Work Diary


In this session, we went into the studio to continue work on Mapplethorpe, learning from last time that my compassion was off slightly, I decided that this time I was going to be careful and think about what I was doing. This time round, I didn't have to retake anything and I believe that i had captured Mapplethorpe in the best way that I could. 


Here you can see there is less background and the camera is focused on the model, there is no unnecessary background colours or objects it's just a portrait and that is clear to see. This is a good example of a portrait that represents Mapplethorpe, the way he takes portraits of just people being people, the compassion of the photo and the overall feel, to improve though I would use tone to give it a bigger Mapplethorpe feel.  


This photo is again very Mapplethorpe, in fact I copied a Mapplethorpe picture here and did my best to create the feeling the Mapplethorpe does in his portraits, I do like this image but I'm not sure it quite has the same effect at Mapplethorpe does in his photos. 

To improve me next time, i would like more time to do this kind of work, I do really enjoy it and find it interesting, it would also help perfect my compassion as I'm still aware that not all my photos are perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment