Monday 13 October 2014

Texture Work Diary

Work Diary


During this session we were given the formal element of texture, texture is how a surface feels. This is shown in photography using light, light lays across the surface and gives you a sensation of how the surface feels. I found this to be rather difficult because the sun wasn't out enough for us to be bale to take enough good photos.


This is one of my favourites from the session. I really like this photo as texture is clearly shown by the shadowing on the wall, all the tiny ridges and marks have a thin shadow in them and this allows us to see the effect of texture taking place, I do really like how this image starts off dark in the top left corner and becomes brighter as you go down the image, it helps identify the texture and bring the wall to life.


I like this image because there is a lot for texture to work with, the bumps on the manhole cover stand out the most but the specs of dirt and moss also add to the texture of the photo. From this photo I believe I can advance my ideas as I think the moss would have been a good object to focus on, or anything of similar texture. 

To improve I would like to photography something finer perhaps, such as same, wood or moss. I feel as if the images above are just example of the beginning of a topic that could be very cool, focuses on stranger textures would create a better photo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment